Curtiss P-40N Warhawk
@ Addison Airport, Addison, TX
The P-40 achieved immortality as the aircraft of the American Volunteer Group, the Flying Tigers, defending China from Japan during the early years of WWII. Over 13,700 P-40s had been built by the time production ended in December 1944. This Warhawk was delivered to the Army Air Force in May of 1944 where it was used for combat pilot training before being surplused in 1945. Nikon D7100 w/80-400mm, processed with Aperture.