Focke-Wulf Fw-44J Stieglitz
@ Military Aviation Museum, Virginia Beach, VA
This aircraft is part of Jerry Yagen’s fine collection at the Military Aviation Museum, site of the 2012 ISAP field trip. First flown in 1932, the newly formed Focke-Wulf Flugzeugbau G.m.b.h. introduced the Fw-44 two-seat trainer for use by the emerging Luftwaffe. The Stieglitz proved to be an excellent trainer and several hundred were built for the Luftwaffe between 1932 and 1940. The last version was the Fw 44J, which was sold or built on license in several countries around the world. Nikon D7000 with iPhoto processing.