Curtiss P-40N Warhawk
@ Chino Airport, Chino, CA
The P-40 achieved immortality as the aircraft of the American Volunteer Group, the Flying Tigers, defending China from Japan during the early years of WWII. Over 13,700 P-40s had been built by the time production ended in December 1944. This P-40 entered service with the Royal Canadian Air Force as a Kittyhawk IV flying home defense duties, then retired in 1946. Planes of Fame acquired it in 1960 and restored it to flying condition in 1980, even appearing in the movie Pearl Harbor.